Alerts Keep You On Top
Alerts let you avoid end-of-month freak outs.
At billSync we realize there is a lot to analyze for every bill. We want to make it easy for you to focus on the things that impact your bottom line and go about your day. For every bill, we show you alerts in two areas on the Home screen.
Here are the things we are always on the watch out for:
- New Vendor: If we see a new vendor pop into your system, we’re on top of letting you know. We only start this alert 10 weeks after you sign up though, because we don’t want to inundate you with alerts while we are still getting to know you.
- Significant increase in invoice total: Once we recognize your spending patterns, we can take a look at your last 12 weeks of transactions and determine if a bill seems unusually high based on our statistical analysis. You’ll have to give us time to get this one started (we’re thinking 12 weeks after you’re signed up), since we need to establish your patterns.
- New line item: When we see a new item from a vendor, we’ll let you know so you can make sure the pricing, description and default coding are correct. It’s an easy way to stay on top of your books, and it takes seconds instead of hours. Again, we need to watch your patterns, so give us a few weeks for this one!
- Significant change in line item quantity: If your amount of cups suddenly jumps from 10 sleeves to 17, we’ll let you know. Guess how many weeks we need for this alert? That’s right: 12!
- Unit price change: We keep an eye on your prices too. You’ll get an alert like the one above if your unit price takes a leap.
- Duplicate invoice: Based on the vendor, invoice number and amount due, we can keep an eye on your payments and make sure no one gets paid twice.
- Marked through invoices: When we see mark-throughs on your bill, we’ll recalculate the cost and bring it to your attention to make sure you know about the changes before you pay.
You can adjust your alert notifications too. Just click into the “Vendors” tab and select the vendor you want to adjust the alerts for, then, finally, the alerts tab as shown below:
You will have the option to be notified in one of three manners:
- Text: We get an alert; you get a text.
- Email: If a bill triggers an alert, we’ll send an email AND the bill
- Flag In App: We display alerts in your Home and Bills views, even if you opt out of text and email.
Have a question, have thoughts on a new feature? Email us at email@example.com.