Accounting: Connect to QuickBooks DESKTOP
Forget about the manual data entry (QuickBooks Desktop)!
We are excited to announce our integration with QuickBooks desktop today (for QuickBooks ONLINE click here).
This should save you/bookkeeper at least 10-15 hours a month and clean up your books as you will now be able to easily split a bill to multiple expense categories and/or classes.
With this integration you will now be able to:
- Sync all your bills to your company file in QuickBooks.
- Classify each line item by expense catagory and/or class. We will remember it so next time we seem that line item we will automatically code it for you!
- Sync all your vendors with QuickBooks.
- Sync all pamyments into Quickbooks along with check numbers so that matching it to your bank account becomes a matter of seconds not minutes
Here is how to set it up in 15 steps (takes about 10-15 mins to get it going!). Note that the initial setup must be done on a WEB BROWSER and CANNOT be done on mobile, tablet, or Clover.
- Login to your billSync account and go to the top right corner and click on the gear icon, then click accounting.
- Click connect to Quickbooks Desktop.
- Type in any password. You will need to use in about 2 minuites
- Open QuickBooks and make sure the company you want to connect billSync to is open.
- Then open QuickBooks Web Connect. Some times this is located within QuickBooks Desktop by going to File -> Update WebServices
- Click add application and pick the billSync file you just downloaded.
- Accept the agreement.
- Give billSync access to sync bills. We recommend picking this option: Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running.
- Type in your password (the one you set in step 3), click save password, check the box next to the application, now click update selected for the first time (this time we are just pulling your company name to make sure we only sync to that company in the future), do this 1 more time to get the initial setup completed. The second time we are pulling your chart of accounts so that way you can set the defaults on billSync.
- Now login to billSync and go back to the accounting tab, if you are still logged in from step 3 just click refresh. Then click edit under Bill Management Defaults. Here you can choose the default bank account, accounts payable account, and expense category. These will be used if you have not set something otherwise.
- If you have already processed a few bills with billSync click on the vendors menu next, Click into each vendor and then click the accounting tab. Here you can set vendor defaults at the top, and defaults for each item individually below.
- Now you have all your expense accounts setup, hit update selected on quickbooks webconnect.
- You should see the vendors getting pushed to your Quickbooks Company file.
- Click “update selected” once more and your bills from billSync should appear!
You are done, billSync will automatically run in the background every 2 hours so your blooks are always up to date! NO MORE DATA ENTRY!
Let us know if you have any issues or would like us to add something to make your life easier by emailing us at email@example.com.